Thursday, April 2, 2009

Clear the Decks

I've mentioned before that Rachel climbs on everything. Now she has mastered the chairs at the kitchen table. I think she likes to think she's a big girl now that she can get up to "the big table". I've had to clear both dining tables (kitchen and dining room) of all tablecloths and decor. And surprisingly I caught her today sitting on top of the table itself! Now I know why I'm sprouting gray hair! She really liked getting her snack at "the big table" the other day.


Speaking of hair, we're still growing it out (despite people saying, "you really ought to trim her bangs!). :) I'll be so glad when she can tuck it behind her ears. Problem is it keeps getting stuck in stuff, mainly food from sticky fingers. She still tries to pull accessories out of her hair, though recently she's been going a little longer before tugging them out. I think she may be understanding the benefit of an unobscured view of the world! Here are some of our attempts:


single ponytail


double pigtails
side barette

centered barette (only did this once...looks a little too Road Warrior-esque for me!This one has nothing to do with hair, but I had her try on what I think will be her Easter dress and couldn't resist sharing! She also has a similar poofy yellow dress, and if she can still wear them in October, I'm adding a tiara and a scepter and we'll have a princess for Halloween!

Lots of playing to do! Ta-ta for now :)

1 comment:

AMENMom said...

Love the side barrette, and the great outfit in that picture too!