Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Learning New Things Everyday

It seems like Rachel learns some new skill or communicative ability everyday lately. I can tell that when I tell her things, she really seems to know what I'm telling her (most of the time anyway). She's like a giant sponge just soaking everything up around her! Some of the things she does now:

--When I ask her close to mealtime "are you hungry? do you want some food?" she walks straight to her highchair.
--I'll say, "let's go wash your hands" and she rubs her hands together and makes a beeline for the bathroom.
--If she's thirsty, she'll point to her sippy cup on the counter and make a clicking sound with her tongue.

--I'll ask her "do you want to read a book?" and she walks over to her books and brings one to me.

--She helps me with dressing and undressing her now. She even tries to put her own socks on, though she can't yet.

Here's some more photos of what she's doing lately.

Playing out in the front yard



Still loving her santa hat!
Trying to take the camera from me while taking pictures

Another new skill...taking off her clothes all by herself

She loves hopping into one of her two chairs (this one my grandparents got her and the pooh bear chair she got for Christmas) and "reading" her books

Showing off this year's swimsuit; it's hard to see, but it's pink and white stripes.

No comments: